Friday, February 27, 2009

What happened to the days of being an individual that happens to be in a relationship?

I was talking to a friend the other day and he was so happy to tell me about what he and his other half were doing. That's fine and dandy my only problem was when I would ask how things were going with HIM, he would answer by saying WE or OUR (talking about him and his other half). Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy that he has someone special in his life but that s#&* can become annoying. I was so annoyed that I had to blog about it.

Question:
What happened to the days of being an individual that happens to be in a relationship?


Note to reader: There is no hateration on my end, I'm in a great relationship. I just think that we shouldn't get so wrapped up in a relationship that we stop being an individual.

1 comment:

deonte' k said...

I agree... because WE aren't having this conversation... Me and U are lol... so I feel what ur saying lol.. some folks get too wrapped up in a relationship that they loose who they are sometimes. Plus he's probably not used to having anyone so he has to make sure he says WE as many times as it takes for him to let it sink in lol.